Oi Oi! Deeby here to drive some info about the Fast and Furious Franchise your way today. Get in, press play and don’t forget to put your seatbelt on.
- First thing’s First. I wanna clear up everyone’s confusion. This is something every person who claims to be a Fast and Furious fan should know (Ashley didn’t :P). Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift was the third Fast and Furious movie released but is sixth if you were to watch the films in their chronological order. Probably happened this way because producer’s couldn’t hold onto star’s Vin Diesel and Paul Walker for the third film. I also don’t know why they bothered looping it back to Tokyo Drift to be honest, I often think they would do better to pretend like that movie never happened at all but meh, it was supposed to be a “Straight to DVD” thing so … ¯_(ツ)_/¯
- Chris Morgan has written every Fast and Furious movie since, Tokyo Drift. The “Rumour’s” I refer to in this weeks episode turned out to be complete BS. He also wrote the screenplay for Wanted, and is working on Universal Studios’ Movie Monster Cinematic Universe.
- Los Bandeleros is a short film written and directed by Vin Diesel and is kinda the 5th film in the Fast and Furious franchise. Featuring Michelle Rodriguez, Sun Kang, Tego Calderón, Don Omar, Mirtha Michelle and of course, Vin Diesel himself, it shows the backstory of how the gang come together before one of the feature film’s unforgettable tanker heist scene.
- One of the best things the Fast and Furious franchise ever did, in my humble opinion, was to include Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, and we have Facebook to thank for that. Before starting on the fifth movie, Vin Diesel asked fans on his official Facebook page for ideas. One fan suggested writing a bad guy role for The Rock. So whilst writing, the film-makers reached out to The Rock, who instantly agreed. The rest is history.
- Film-makers had open auditions for good looking cars. You know who else auditioned for one of the films? Channing Tatum. During a recent interview with Jimmy Kimmel, Tatum admitted that he tanked his audition for Tokyo Drift. Maybe if he got the role I would’ve like that character more*.
- Here, listen to this, I like this song.
That’s it. Next week, we’re going to Philly to meet an old friend.
Deeby Out. Vrooooom….