It’s the last episode of Gamer Month, boo!
I decided to celebrate all my hard work a bit too early by going to Berlin for a week. Once again I’ve left this week’s episode in the capable hands of Deeby, Wumi and their friend Charly. Have a listen:
Here’s some facts I found out between currywurst and beer:
- Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima isn’t shy about his love of film. In 2009, Japanese store Tsutaya made a list of 15 films which helped inspire the game series. These include Planet of the Apes, The Deer Hunter, Die Hard, Full Metal Jacket and Dawn of the Dead.
- Kojima has also made a list of his top filmmakers of all time: Luc Besson, Jean Cocteau, Tony Scott, David Lynch, Danny Boyle, James Cameron, John Carpenter, Jan Kounen, Dario Argento, George A. Romero, Ridley Scott, Sam Raimi, Peter Jackson, Quentin Tarantino, John Woo, Robert Rodriguez and Akira Kurosawa.
- There’s a lot of attention to detail in the Metal Gear games, including this bucket of ice:
- In Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, you find a bucket of ice which you can shoot. A cube will fall onto the worktop and begin to melt in (almost) real time. You can watch it here.
- There’s a Fan Theory that MGS 3 – a prequel to the previous games with Naked Snake as the protagonist – is actually a virtual reality program being run through by Solid Snake.
That’s all I’ve got for this week – and that’s it for Gamer Month. Big thanks to Charly for coming in to pitch this week. We’ll be back to films next week; in the meantime, I’ll go back to posting my holiday pics on Instagram.