Deeby’s away for the first time this week, but we’ve brought our friend and Writer/Director Moses in for an episode.
Here’s some extra stuff I’ve got this week:
- Here’s the trailer for Artificial Romance, the short film directed by Moses. You can see the full film on Youtube soon, so keep your eyes peeled.
- When someone mentions “British Time Travel”, my mind doesn’t immediately go to Doctor Who like a normal person, I think about Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel, an underrated comedy from 2009 starring Chris O’Dowd and Anna Faris. It’s definitely worth a watch.
- At some point between Attack The Block and The Force Awakens, John Boyega was set to star in a Spike Lee boxing Drama. The television series, Da Brick, was inspired by Mike Tyson’s youth and would have had Boyega playing a young man released from juvenile hall and adapting to “post-racial” America. The pilot was passed over by HBO.
- So we all know what John Boyega’s up to right now, but what about the rest of his gang?
- Franz Drameh (Dennis) is currently starring in Legends of Tomorrow and the other CW/DC TV shows as Jax, one half of the superhero Firestorm.
- Alex Esmail (Pest) has been in a couple of short films since Attack The Block – which was his first film. His most recent feature role was in 2014’s Northern Soul.
- Simon Howard (Biggz) was in Green Street 3: Never Back Down in 2013.
- Leeon Jones (Jerome) hasn’t been in anything else, and he may have edited his own Wikipedia page.
- Sammy Williams and Michael Ajao (Probs & Mayhem) have both had steady work in British TV since their debuts in Attack The Block.
That’s all for this week. Thanks again to Moses for coming in this week.
Feel free to leave us a review on iTunes, and tell your friends!
Next week, we’re getting spooooky.